Rose and lavender fields and distilleries – One Day Tour
Visit the oldest, built in 1909, still fully functioning Rose oil distillery in Bulgaria.
Departure Time : 7:40 am
Sofia – Tarnicheni- Sofia – 420 km/260 ml
Scheduled arrival time – around 10.30 am
Start the tour with a visit to the new modern distillery (est. 2001) after visiting the oldest functioning rose distillery in Bulgaria in addition to the stylish family museum and souvenir shop. The tour is accompanied by a lecture in English on the history of rose picking and rose production in the region, an explanation of the technological process nowadays and in the past and some other curious facts the most traditional vocation in the Rose Valley region over the ages. Demonstration and tasting of the products offered – natural rose oil, natural rose water and natural lavender oil with purchase option.
- Note: During the Rose campaign ( Rose harvest in Bulgaria happens only once per year – from mid-May till mid-June ), visit the pink field just behind the new distillery, pick up roses and take a picture.
Duration: 1.30 hours.
- Lunch in the neighboring village – a traditional Bulgarian tavern with classic and delicious Bulgarian food. Possibility to select three types of vegetarian menu, incl.
Duration: about 1.15-1.20 hours
- Visit the pink and lavender fields, located 5-6 km from the village.
- Short lecture: Use, characteristics of lavender plants, methods of cultivation, collection and processing. (30 minutes)
- Free shooting time.
Go back to the main distillery.
- Depending on the production cycle and, if possible, looking at the process of “filling”, loading and “removing” the lavender from the immobile.
- A short lecture on the production process.
Late afternoon 15:00 – 15:30 – driving back to Sofia!
- English-speaking guide from Distillery at disposal of the tourists during the visit.
You would like to see more! Everything is possible!
Check as well:
Looking for some more ideas:
Create your own itinerary and don’t forget that we can organize traditional lunch, dinner or just to give you a great ideas where to spend your free time. You decide what, when and how.
- DepartureShared tours from Sofia - Alexander Nevsky Cathedral ( from Plovdiv - Parking - Hotel Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium | Private tours - Pick-up / drop - from any location in Sofia or Plovdiv
- Departure TimeSofia - 7:40 am | Plovdiv - 9:30 AM
- Return TimeSofia - 6:00 -6:40 PM | Plovdiv - 4:45 - 5:10 PM
- IncludedRose and lavender fields and distilleries – One Day TourLunch – traditional Bulgarian tavernPick-up | drop-off from any location in Sofia ( private tour, private car with driver )Entrance fees as per itineraryTransportation – A/C vehiclePrivate A/C vehicle ( private tours, private car with driver )Driver
- Not IncludedLunch – traditional Bulgarian tavern (on your own)Lunch / Food tasting (on your own)Cooking lessonFlightsAccommodation ( optional )Meals, which are not mentioned in the tour descriptionCamera fees at museumsPersonal expensesMedical / Tourist insuranceFarm visitLicensed Tour Guide ( private tour, shared tour )Wine tastingBreakfast
Sofia, Tarnicheni, Sofia