Buzludzha tour – Communist day trip from Sofia!
Explore abandoned monument and hear all about how life has changed over the last 50 years. Visit one of the most important monuments during the socialist movement. The cost just to build this place was nearly 15 000 000 BGN or 35 million $. To make the construction stable they had to reduce the mountain peak with nearly 10 m/30 feet.
Sofia – Buzludzha – Sofia – 520 km/325 ml
Early morning departure to Buzludzha monument. We will visit the famous Shipka monument and the Russian church, important places during the Russo-Turkish war. Stop at a local restaurant, for lunch. Late evening drive back to Sofia.
You can extend the communist trip with a night under the monument in a beautiful forest and next day we can meet you with a local family who can prepare a home-made lunch for us and tell us about the abandoned villages around.( private tours )
<<<For detailed information, please click the green button>>>
You would like to see more! Everything is possible!
For more information:
Check as well:
Day trips from Sofia
Looking for some more ideas:
- History & Culture
- Festivals and more
- Nature & Outdoor activities
- Wine & Spa Getaway
- Day trips from Sofia
Create your own itinerary and don’t forget that we can organize traditional lunch, dinner or just to give you a great ideas where to spend your free time. You decide what, when and how.
- DepartureShared tours from Sofia - Alexander Nevsky Cathedral | Shared tours from Plovdiv - Parking - Hotel Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium | Private tours - Pick-up / drop - from any location in Sofia
- Departure Timefrom Sofia : 7:40 AM | from Plovdiv : 9:30 AM
- Return TimeReturn Time Sofia : 6:00 - 6:40 PM | Return Time Plovdiv : 4:45 - 5:10 PM
- IncludedBuzludzha tour – Communist day trip from Sofia!Tour GuideParking feesFuel surchargeTransportation – A/C vehicle
Sofia, Buzludzha, Shipka pass