Buzludzha tour – Communist day trip from Sofia!
Explore abandoned monument and hear all about how life has changed over the last 50 years. Visit one of the most important monuments during the socialist movement. The cost just to build this place was nearly 15 000 000 BGN or 35 million $. To make the construction stable they had to reduce the mountain peak with nearly 10 m/30 feet.
The tour starts from the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, pick up/drop off from your accommodation can be arranged upon request.
Sofia – Buzludzha – Sofia – 520 km/325 ml
Early morning departure to Buzludzha monument. If time allows, we can visit the famous Shipka monument and the Russian church, important places during the Russo-Turkish war. Stop at a local restaurant, for lunch. Late evening drive back to Sofia.
You can extend the communist trip with a night under the monument in a beautiful forest and next day we can meet you with a local family who can prepare a home-made lunch for us and tell us about the abandoned villages around.
You would like to see more! Everything is possible!
SEND YOUR REQUEST
Check as well:
Looking for some more ideas:
- History & Culture
- Festivals and more
- Nature & Outdoor activities
- Wine & Spa Getaway
- Day trips from Sofia
Create your own itinerary and don’t forget that we can organize traditional lunch, dinner or just to give you a great ideas where to spend your free time. You decide what, when and how. You only need to SEND YOUR REQUEST!
- DepartureAlexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Departure Time9:00 AM
- Return Time6:00 - 7:00 PM
- IncludedBuzludzha tour – Communist day trip from Sofia!Pick up/Drop offEntrance fees as per itineraryTransportationLuxury private A/C vehicleDriverTour Guide
- Not IncludedFlightsAccommodationTourist taxesMeals, which are not mentioned in the tour descriptionCamera fees at museumsPersonal expensesMedical/Tourist insuranceFarm visitWine tastingFood tasting/Cooking lessonBreakfast
Sofia, Buzludzha, Shipka pass