From Sofia to Plovdiv – Day trip!
Take a trip to one of the oldest cities in the world – Plovdiv. The city was chosen for the European Capital of Culture for 2019!
It was found during the Neolithic period in the 2nd millennium BC. Roman Theatre, Stadium and other archeological finds from the 2nd century are mixing with the Revival Architecture. Morning tour of the old part of the town with its main sights.
Plovdiv – European Capital of Culture for 2019
Morning departure for Plovdiv. Upon arrival we will start with the walking tour of the old part of the city passing by the Roman Theater and the Ancient Stadium. 2000 years ago, Plovdiv was the largest Roman city on the Balkan Peninsula and the Episcopal Basilica with its mosaics has been included just recently in the UNESCO’s Indicative List of Significant Cultural and Natural Objects. Free time for lunch.
Bachkovo Monastery “Virgin Mary” ( Private Tour )
Afternoon visit of the second largest Monastery in Bulgaria – Bachkovo Monastery “Virgin Mary”. You can see frescoes dating back to the 11-14th century and the biggest one in Bulgaria from the 19th c. The Old Refectory has been decorated by religious frescoes in the 17th c. The style of the paintings and the harmony between the scenes shows a great artistry and workmanship.
- Itinerary: Sofia – Plovdiv – Sofia – 300 km / 200 ml
- Every -Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday : Small group shared tour
- Every day – Private tour
- Duration: 8:00 hours; 4:00 hrs – transfer time
- 2, Ivan Vazov str., Sofia – “Ivan Vazov” National Theater – ( in your ticket you will have a link to meeting place – google maps )
- Departure Time from Sofia : 9:30 AM
- Return Time Sofia :5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Driver / Tour Leader
- Audio Guide – incluedes 25 places ( English | Spanish | Russian | French |Turkish | Greek | Bulgarian ) –*optional – 10 Euro / per device
- Map with route and all landmarks.
- Live Guide – English – * optional – 90 Euro
- Pick-up – 5 Euro | drop-off – 5 Euro from any location in Sofia – *optional
- Transportation – A/C vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking fees
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Shared shuttle from Sofia to Plovdiv, two-way. ( standart )
- Extra – take a audio guide with map ( *recommended )
- Extra – book a live tour guide – 2 days before departure
By using an audio guide you will have the absolute freedom to get to know the Plovdiv on your own terms, without having to stick to a group or to follow a tour guide.
The walking city tour is around 3 – 4 hours
Guaranteed price – no extra costs
For group more than 8 people – please send us your request – [email protected]
You would like to see more! Everything is possible!
Check as well:
Day trips from Sofia
Looking for some more ideas:
For more information:
Create your own itinerary and don’t forget that we can organize traditional lunch, dinner or just to give you a great ideas where to spend your free time. You decide what, when and how.
- DepartureShared tours - 2 Ivan Vazov str., Sofia ( close to Ivan Vazov Theater ) | Private tours - Pick-up / drop - from any location in Sofia
- Departure Time9:30 AM
- Return Time5:30 -6:30 PM
- IncludedFrom Sofia to Plovdiv – Day trip!Audio GuideTour GuideParking feesFuel surchargeTransportation – A/C vehicle
Sofia, Plovdiv, Bachkovo Monastery