Rila Monastery Shuttle Trip from Sofia
Rila Monastery & Boyana Church – 2 World Heritage Sites in 1 Day!
Take a drive with us to the Rila Monastery – UNESCO World Heritage Site. Located in the gorgeous mountain scenery of the mountains, it is considered the highest achievement of Bulgarian monumental architecture of the National Revival period.
Morning departure to Rilla Monastery. Walking tour of the Rilla Monastery, UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Rilla Mountains, which is an original national museum with a century-old history. The monastery dates back to the 10th century but has been plundered and burned down several times. The present building was built in mid-19th century. Located in the gorgeous mountain scenery of the mountains, it is considered the highest achievement of Bulgarian monumental architecture of the National Revival period. Of particular interest is the museum, and the 1335 Hrelyo’s Tower, which is actually the oldest preserved building in the courtyard. Alongside is the big five-dome church Assumption of the Holy Virgin with splendid frescoes by some of Bulgaria’s finest artists of the time.
Visit the 10th century Boyana Church, a remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site. The murals of this famous church reflect both Byzantine and local traditions of the preceding two centuries. One of the portraits in the church is unanimously considered a genuine masterpiece of 13th century painting, created 200 years before the European renaissance. They form a second layer over the paintings from earlier centuries and represent one of the most complete and well-preserved monuments of medieval art in the Balkans.
Itinerary: Sofia – Rila Monastery – Boyana Church – Sofia – 270 km. / 167 ml.
- Every – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Duration: 8-8:30 hours; ( 4 – hrs – transfer time )
- 2, Ivan Vazov str., Sofia – “Ivan Vazov” National Theater – ( in your ticket you will have a link to meeting place – google maps )
- Departure Time from Sofia : 9:30 AM
- Return Time Sofia : 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila
Stop At: Boyana Church, Sofia
- Driver / Tour Leader
- Audio Guide – Rila Monastery, Rila Monastery Museum and Boyana Church – English | German | Spanish | Italian | French | Russian | Bulgarian – * optional – 10 Euro / per device
- Map of Rila Monastery and Boyana Church
- Live Guide – English | Italian | Russian – * optional – 90 Euro / per group
- Pick-up – 5 Euro | drop-off from – 5 Euro – any location in Sofia – * optional / per group
- Transportation – A/C vehicle
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees as per itinerary – Rila Monastery Museum – optional 4 Euro per person
- Entrance fees as per itinerary – Boyana Church – 5 Euro per person
- Personal expenses
– shared shuttle from Sofia to Rila Monastery, Boyana Church , two-way. ( standart option ) – 25 Euro per person
- By using an audio guide you will have the absolute freedom to get to know the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church on your own terms, without having to stick to a group or to follow a tour guide.
- Guaranteed price – no extra costs
- For group more than 8 people – please send us your request – [email protected]
For more information:
Check as well:
Day trips from Sofia
Looking for some more ideas:
- History & Culture
- Festivals and more
- Nature & Outdoor activities
- Wine & Spa Getaway
- Day trips from Sofia
Create your own itinerary and don’t forget that we can organize traditional lunch, dinner or just to give you a great ideas where to spend your free time. You decide what, when and how.
- DepartureShared tours - 2 Ivan Vazov str., Sofia ( close to Ivan Vazov Theater ) | Private tours - Pick-up / drop - from any location in Sofia
- Departure Time9:20 AM
- Return Time5:00 - 5:30 PM
- IncludedRila Monastery Shuttle Trip from SofiaAudio GuideTour GuideParking feesFuel surchargeTransportation – A/C vehicle
Sofia, Rila Monastery, Blagoevgrad